Monday, February 10, 2014

I Love Make-Up! I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!

So maybe the title says it all ... I really really love make-up (and nail polish, and purses and other pretty things). I can look DIFFERENT, which helps me FEEL different, look BETTER, which helps me FEEL better and I can even hide behind it when I want - it's an accessory! After saying this, I realize that it probably sounds like I pile it on, and maybe some people think I do, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder. It makes me feel pretty and helps keep me feeling younger.

I guess it COULD be possible that I use what some people think is "too much" make-up:
But my normal, daily, going to work routine includes just the basics: foundation, concealer, powder, blush, highlighter, mascara (black - usually three different brands to get them to look right lol), eye shadow (my go-to's are purple and gold), eye liner (black) and lip plumper. I didn't want to list the things that go on my face BEFORE any of that because it's PROBABLY a blog of its own! Lol! (The pic above is a selfie I took on my way to work about a month ago - look at my beautiful zebra print bag - how I loved that bag, but now I'm using a purple one, which I also love)

I don't subscribe to the ideas that I see in a lot (not all, but a lot) of beauty advice articles and videos that are geared toward "older" women. Women over 40. Women over 50. Women like me. A lot of them advise: "Less is more", "neutral colors", "no shimmer", the "no make-up, make-up look" - ACK! WHAAAAAT??!?? But I LOVE color! I LOVE shimmer! I FREAKIN' LOVE MAKE-UP!!!

I'm not putting down those ideas or the people who tout them, I'm just saying it's not for ME. But maybe its not quite for you either? This is why I wanted to create this blog and, in a couple of weeks, a YouTube channel. Women over 50 can CERTAINLY wear pretty much any make-up we want ... WITHOUT looking "garish"! (Lol, that word makes me chuckle :-))
Okay, maybe THIS look is a bit garish, but it was HALLOWEEN and we always dress for it at work! I did love the false eyelashes though, and really, the only day I can "respectably" wear pink hair! And I guess pig tails too! Lol

The point is, just because we hit that icky "5-0", it doesn't need to mean we need to LOOK it (OR act it!), does it? No, no and NO! :-) Its been very difficult for me to find many bloggers OR YouTubers that I can identify with, unless they are at least 20 years YOUNGER than I am. And that's okay! I subscribe to them, I love them! (I will be posting links to some of my favorites if I think this turns out okay - don't want to insult them if it tanks lol). I've found only ONE who is also 50 and I love her and have utilized a lot of her advice! She is my go-to-holy-grail of anti-aging product reviews! But as far as actual make-up goes, I think I am ... um ... bolder (the word "obnoxious" might also be correct here) than she is :-).

So these are my general feelings of make-up (and stuff) in a nutshell :-). I have lots to ask all of YOU, lots to share, lots of videos and blogs planned ... I hope you'll subscribe and we can have fun with make-up (and nail polish, and purses and other pretty and sometimes even useful things) together! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment